I have been looking at some of the training programs that are being offered for aspiring Instructional Designers (ID) in India. I looked at these courses from the perspective of:
- An aspiring Instructional Designer who has no clue about Instructional Designing and wants to quickly gain instructional designing skills
- An Instructional Designer who has started with Instructional Designing at work, but has lots of queries and needs lots of inputs to improve his/her instructional designing skills
DO YOU THINK?
- These courses are really giving the kind of training and information aspiring Instructional Designers need to do their tasks well in their workplace
- Aspiring instructional designers will be able to sustain their interest for such a long course duration such as 15 weeks
- The training programs for IDs in India are very academic and focus more on instruction design theories
- Aspiring IDs or fresh IDs actually retain and use the information they gain from these training programs
- There is lot of information overload in these training programs for IDs
- In-house training programs for IDs in companies in India are useful
If any of you have actually found any training program on Instructional Designing useful, please share your experiences.
If any of you have ideas on improving training for Instructional Designing in India, please share them.
Please leave your responses in the comments section.
I would love to hear from you all.